Sika MonoTop® 166 is a one-component mortar mix material, made from cement base, active admixtures and selected aggregates. Sika MonoTop® 166 mortar mix is waterproof with the ability to penetrate deep into the capillary of the concrete, helping to prevent water from seeping into the structure.
Sika MonoTop® 166 is an active waterproofing solution of both forward and reverse waterproofing construction, providing the most optimal waterproofing for the building.
Application of Sika MonoTop® 166
Sika MonoTop® 166 products are widely used in interior and exterior waterproofing works such as:
- Waterproof treatment of concrete surface or mixed with cement mortar/sand for waterproofing
- Active waterproofing treatment of floors and basements before pouring concrete
- Waterproofing treatment for basements, basements for parking, etc.
Features and advantages of Sika MonoTop® 166
Sika MonoTop 166 Migrating is a quick and economical solution to reduce water penetration, provide sustainable protection, and extend the life of buildings.
- Used for forward and reverse waterproofing
- Easy and quick to apply by sprinkling dry or stirring with clean water to roll or spray
- Excellent adhesion to concrete surfaces
- Penetrates deeply and seals capillary networks in concrete
- Allow steam to seep through
Powder product. Packed in 25kg bags
Storage conditions Sika MonoTop® 166
Sika MonoTop® 166 waterproofing product must be stored safely in its original, unopened and undamaged packaging between 5°C and 30°C in a dry environment. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
Sika MonoTop® 166 has a minimum shelf life of 6 months from the date of manufacture under standard storage conditions.
Specifications of Sika MonoTop® 166
Chemical base: Cement base, selected aggregates and active chemical compounds
Weight: Packed in 25 kg . bags
Expiry date: 6 months from date of manufacture
Storage conditions: Store in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight.
Color: Gray powder
Density: 0.9 – 1.1 kg/l
Adhesion strength: > 0.5 MPa
▪ Wet application method: 2 kg /m2
▪ Dry sprinkle method (Reverse waterproofing): 3 - 3.5 kg /m2
▪ Dry sprinkle method (Forward waterproofing): 2 kg /m2
Notes when applying Sika MonoTop® 166
In order to use Sika MonoTop® 166 Migrating effectively, the following application conditions must be specifically observed including:
- Sika MonoTop® 166 is not suitable for top decoration applications
- Sika MonoTop® 166 does not form an elastic film that can break on movement
- Operating temperature range is 5°C to 35°C
- Do not apply Sika MonoTop® 166 at temperatures below 5°C
- Do not use more water than recommended for mixing
- Avoid surface water or condensation before application
- Protect freshly applied screed from rain and frost for at least 24 hours after application
- Avoid applying in direct sunlight or strong wind
Construction solution Sika MonoTop® 166
Surface treatment for construction
- Concrete and mortar surfaces must be free of grease, dirt and other elements that tend to come off
- If the surface is too smooth or contaminated with foreign matter, the surface must be sandblasted and soaked before use
- Treats visible cracks wider than 0.4 mm and honeycomb pits up to 40 mm deep and 25 mm . wide
- Mix three parts Sika MonoTop 166 with one part water by mass until a grout consistency is achieved
- Sika MonoTop 166 must be applied on wet surfaces to ensure maximum chemical penetration
- Apply a layer of Sika MonoTop 166 waterproof mortar to the concrete surface before applying the waterproof mortar mixture to the desired area, sealing capillary joints.
- Prime concrete with mortar covered with Sika MonoTop 166 before construction
- If the concrete surface is dry before application, it is necessary to re-wet the surface
Mix Sika MonoTop® 166 for wet application
- Mix 25 kg of flour mixture with 7.25 - 7.75 liters of fresh water until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Use a blender not exceeding 500 RPM
- Mixing time: minimum 3 minutes or until mixture is homogeneous
- Let the mixture rest for about 1-3 minutes.
- Do not add water when mixing
Wet construction method
- Apply first coat by brush, brush or spray at a rate of 1 kg/m2
- Allow enough time for the first layer not to come off during the second layer.
- Apply the second coat perpendicular to the first layer at a rate of 1 kg/m2.
Dry application method (passive waterproofing)
- After pouring fresh concrete, evenly spread Sika MonoTop® 166 powder on the concrete surface until the concrete reaches the initial setting rate of 3 - 3.5 kg/m2.
- Then smooth the surface with trowel
- Application method: dry sprinkle (active waterproofing)
- Before pouring fresh concrete, sprinkle Sika MonoTop® 166 powder evenly on the concrete surface at the rate of 2 kg/m2.
For more details and specific construction plan for the project item that needs waterproofing with Sika MonoTop® 166 material, you can immediately contact our company specializing in waterproofing construction Đà Nẵng SK-Sumo for advice of support counseling.